Are you a data enthusiast?
Participation in Season 3 presents a wonderful opportunity to improve your data knowledge and skills.
Qualifying data enthusiasts will be enrolled in the Microsoft Professional Program in Data Science and will be awarded an official certification, provided they meet the course requirements. The pool of data enthusiasts to be paired with an emerging tech company will be selected based on their completion of the program and performance in the final project (Capstone).
Once you have applied, we will evaluate your application and qualifying data enthusiasts will be notified
- The duration of the Microsoft Professional Program in Data Science is four months
- The time commitment is on average 10-12 hours per week
- Applicants must complete coursework and pass the Capstone project to receive official certification.
- Only the best performers/enthusiasts in each country will be paired with tech companies.
- You will need to have access to a computer and internet connectivity.
More about the Microsoft Professional Program in Data Science:
Accelerate your career in data science. Learn data science fundamentals, key data science tools, and widely used programming languages from industry and academic experts in this unique Microsoft Professional Program in Data Science.
Built in collaboration with leading universities and employers, the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science will develop the analytical and programming skills you need to take advantage of the career opportunities that are available in data science. Learners can choose from different courses within each unit of study.
You’ll learn to:
- Use Microsoft Excel to explore data
- Use Transact-SQL to query a relational database
- Create data models and visualise data using Excel or Power BI
- Apply statistical methods to data
- Use R or Python to explore and transform data
- Follow a data science methodology
- Create and validate machine-learning models with Azure Machine Learning
- Write R or Python code to build machine-learning models
- Apply data science techniques to common scenarios
- Implement a machine-learning solution for a given data problem
How it works:
- Made up of three units (fundamentals, core data science and applied data science) and a final project (Capstone), the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science provides a comprehensive programme of study in data science. Unit 1 – Fundamentals: Learn data science basics. Explore topics like data queries, data analysis, data visualisation and how statistics informs data science practices.
- Unit 2 – Core Data Science: Learn essential programming languages to manipulate date and discover the fundamentals of machine learning.
- Unit 3 – Applied Data Science: Dive deeper into data science programming languages and start leveraging data to develop intelligent solutions.
- Unit 4 – Capstone Project: Showcase your data science knowledge and skills, and solve a real-world data science problem. The project takes the form of a challenge in which you will explore a dataset and develop a machine-learning solution that is tested and scored to determine your grade.
Frequently asked questions:
Applications closed Need help?