Can I call the police for a noise complaint in Malaysia?

Can I call the police for a noise complaint in Malaysia?

If you have noisy neighbors or nuisances that disrupt the quiet of your neighborhood, you can make a police report at the nearest police station (PDRM) or call in to register a complaint. The police can take action against anyone who creates excessive noise - including animals - during nighttime hours or on weekdays between 8am and 4pm.

Excessive noise includes loud music, car alarms, motorcycles, trucks, excavators, dishwashers, sprayers, vacuum cleaners, and other equipment. The police can also take action against people who play music too loudly or use speakers without a permit. They will send out a patrol car if there is a repeat problem location or if enough complaints are made. The officer will let you know what action, if any, is being taken and why. You may be able to get permission from your neighbor to reduce the noise level by using quieter equipment or moving it away from your home.

Noise pollution is one of the most common environmental issues in Malaysia. It can cause stress and sleep problems for those living with it, as well as hinder the quality of life for everyone else in the vicinity. Excessive noise can also lead to legal actions taken against offenders. If you are looking for ways to reduce noise pollution around you, see our article on how.

What happens if you make a noise complaint to the police?

If the noise complaints continue because the neighbor hasn't heard the warning, the police may issue a ticket with a fine to your loud neighbor. The procedure for dealing with noise complaints will differ depending on state and municipal legislation. So, before making a complaint, double-check yours!

Also, remember that people are sensitive to noise pollution and can suffer from its effects just like animals. Noise complaints can be a way for neighbors to take revenge on others for other types of behavior (such as drug use or prostitution) without getting caught themselves. If you hear something illegal being done in the neighborhood, tell someone - even if it's just another neighbor - so they can keep an eye out.

Finally, remember that police officers have a hard job protecting citizens while also trying to solve crimes. If you have a problem with someone's behavior, talk to them about it first before complaining to the police. There may be another way to resolve the situation.

Will the police do anything about noise complaints?

If the noise constitutes a breach of the peace or is coupled with threatening, aggressive, or other anti-social behavior, the police can investigate. You might ask your local council if the loud issue you're complaining about is considered anti-social behavior. If so, they may be able to advise you on next steps.

Where can I file a noise complaint against my neighbor?

Most cities enable you to make a noise ordinance complaint online, although smaller communities may need you to phone the police department's non-emergency number. In extreme circumstances, one noise violation report is insufficient to initiate a lawsuit against the neighbor. You will need further evidence of harassment or intimidation to take legal action.

Noise pollution can be defined as "the undesirable effect of sound" and is made up of noise sources both inside and outside your home. Types of noise sources include engine vehicles, aircraft, guns, rock bands, and motorcycles. Noise pollution has been shown to have many negative effects on humans including stress, sleep deprivation, and hearing loss. It is important to reduce noise pollution around homes to help people sleep better and avoid hearing problems.

People living near airports have been shown to experience higher levels of noise pollution than others who live far away from airports. Similar results have been seen in communities near military bases, high-traffic roads, and large factories. One study found that children born after military flights began at an airport were more likely to have behavioral problems than other children their age. The researchers concluded that living near noisy places such as airports affects the way babies' brains develop.

Residents in Washington, D.C. have access to an online form through which they can report environmental violations near their homes.

About Article Author

Jeffrey Fraher

Jeffrey Fraher is a police sergeant with years of experience in law enforcement. He has served as a member on the SWAT team and also worked as a patrol officer for many years. Jeffrey's dedication to his work, both during and outside of his shift, have helped him become one of the most respected members on the force today.

Related posts