How to report Medicare imposters to the FTC?

How to report Medicare imposters to the FTC?

Report Medicare imposters by calling 1-800-MEDICARE or going to The more we hear from you, the better we will be able to combat scammers. For additional information on how to avoid imposter frauds, go to

How do I report medical identity theft to the FTC?

Medical identity theft should be reported. If you suspect you are a victim of medical identity theft, contact the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-438-4338 (TTY: 1-866-653-4261) and your health insurance company's fraud department. You can report the theft to the FTC and law police by using This website provides information on how to protect yourself from identity theft, what to do if you become a victim, and how to file complaints with various agencies including the FTC.

Identity theft is a serious crime that can have many negative effects on its victims. It can cause stress and anxiety, hinder credit rating recovery, and impact your ability to get life insurance or apply for certain jobs. If you suspect you have been a victim of identity theft, contact the FTC at 1-877-438-4338 (TTY: 1-866-653-4261).

In addition to the federal government, each state has its own attorney general office that can also help resolve cases of medical identity theft. Each state's attorney general website contains information on how to report medical identity theft and request a copy of your medical records. Some states require you to first try to resolve your case with your health insurer before filing a lawsuit against them. If this does not work, then you may be able to seek compensation through a private right of action. These actions usually involve filing suit against the party who committed the crime.

What is an FTC complaint?

Complaints assist the FTC and other law enforcement organizations in bringing scam artists to justice and putting a stop to unfair and deceptive business practices. If you want to submit a complaint, you can do so online or by calling 1-877-FTC-HELP.

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) receives thousands of complaints each year about businesses that engage in illegal activity. If you suspect that your company has done anything illegal, tell us by filing an informal complaint. If you believe that your company has violated someone's privacy, sent them unwanted emails or text messages, made false claims about their products or services, or engaged in any other unlawful conduct, then file a formal complaint.

In addition to filing complaints with the FTC, people can also submit complaints directly to the agency. These "informal" complaints give the FTC information it cannot get anywhere else. The agency uses this information to decide what actions to take against the company involved. Formal investigations are brought on by citizen complaints as well as by the FTC itself. During these investigations, the FTC will attempt to resolve issues informally before proceeding with litigation or other action.

Filing a complaint does not necessarily mean that the FTC will take further action. However many cases do result in settlements where companies agree to change their practices.

Agency officials say that complaints play an important role in protecting consumers.

How do I report to the FTC?

This is your picture. Your voice will be heard by the company being complained about and by federal agencies.

There are three ways to report fraudulent activity involving digital products: online, by phone, or through fax. For information on each method, see the "How to Report Fraud" section below.

You can also report violations of Federal consumer protection laws by calling 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357). The call center uses by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) operates around the clock and offers direct access to someone who can investigate your claim.

To file an actionable complaint with us regarding a product that was shipped before April 21, 2009, please contact the Consumer Protection Department at 877-382-4357. To file an actionable complaint with us regarding a product that was shipped on or after April 21, 2009, please visit A copy of our Privacy Policy will be sent to any person who files a complaint with us via telephone or online.

Who can help with Medicare issues?

If you've contacted 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) with a Medicare question or complaint and still need assistance, ask the 1-800-MEDICARE person to forward your inquiry or complaint to the Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman. The Ombudsman's team assists in resolving your inquiry or complaint. For more information about the Ombudsman, visit the website at

The Ombudsman works for the federal government and is located within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). To find out more about the Ombudsman program, please follow this link:

If you want to send an email message to the Ombudsman but don't have access to his or her web page, here are some tips for sending an effective email: [email protected] You may want to include a note asking why you are writing them and what type of action you would like them to take. If possible, provide your phone number so they can call you back if needed.

Here are some examples of good emails to send to the Ombudsman:

Subject: Medicare Question or Complaint

Hello [name],

How do I contact Medicare when someone dies?

To notify Medicare of a person's death, follow these steps:

  1. Make sure you have the person’s Social Security Number.
  2. Call Social Security at. 1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778)

How do you notify Medicare of a death?

If you need to notify a person's death to Medicare, make sure you have the person's Social Security number. Call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 for assistance (TTY: 1-800-325-0778). Explain what you need to know and ask how to proceed. You will be asked some questions and given instructions on how to proceed.

Social Security determines an individual's entitlement to benefits based on work history and age. If someone has not worked before they died or had their earnings record destroyed by fire or other disaster, then their benefit amount cannot be calculated until after their death.

You must file a claim within three years after the date of death. However, if you can prove that you filed a timely claim but it was rejected because of error made by the government, you can still get paid.

To file a claim, go to and click on the link for "How to File a Claim". There is also a toll-free number for claimants to call with questions - 1-800-772-1213.

About Article Author

Kyle Wilson

Kyle Wilson is the CEO of a security company. He has experience in consulting, corporate, and public sectors. His expertise is in strategic planning, organizational change management, project management, process improvement and development for organizations with strong security needs.

Related posts